Do you often ask yourself if you are happy with your current partner? Do you ask yourself this regularly? This is a sign of things not being as good as they should be. You must remember that it takes time to build a good bond with your partner and only a careless moment to break that bond. A healthy relationship includes good communication, fairness, and trust. Want to know how to achieve all this? Keep reading and more on relationships in here.
How True Is This – A Healthy Relationship Includes Good Communication, Fairness, And Trust?
To truly understand what a healthy relationship is, you have to isolate all the aspects and take a good look at them. Here are some points for your better understanding.
How Do You Define a Healthy Relationship?
Here are the different components that defines a
healthy relationship :
- Transparent communication: This is very important as you should be able to speak your heart out with your partner without holding back on things that are troubling you. Yu must remember that your honesty will be viewed in a positive light. Honesty is an important component of any healthy relationship.
- Being fair: This means that one of the partners is not monitoring the number of that either one of them is making decisions for both. If this goes unchecked, it could lead to a power struggle in the future. So, both partners must put in equal participation.
- Different identities: This means that both parties need to compromise and bridge their differences. However, you do not have to give up on your identity in the process. Both partners can still have their own space while being committed to the relationship.
- Support: You will need to support your partner through good and bad times. There may be other people who will reach to either of you during tough times. The key is to also lend some support while celebrating happy times with your spouse or partner. Healthy relationships are always made up of two people who are there for each other no matter what.
- Trust and honesty: Trust is the building block in a relationship.For example, if you see your partner talking to a person of the opposite sex, you must have faith that nothing is going on between the two. Everybody feels a sting of envy but you must not let that get the best of. If you harbor envy it will only breathe negative energy into your relationship.
Honesty is a very vital component in any healthy relationship. The level of trust heavily depends on how honest both partners are being with each other. After all, you would not trust someone who is being dishonest right?
- Respect: To build longstanding relationship respect is very important at all levels. You should respect your partner just as much he or she respects you. Respect should not only be expressed through words, but also with small gestures. Respect will also teach you to consider and value the differences that you have with your partner.
How Do You Know That You Are In A healthy Relationship?
One prominent sign that any relationship is healthy is when both partners understand each other. They know romance and love do not float in from the door. It takes a lot of hard work to keep it up. When both partners are willing to set aside their differences and work on it, this is a sign of a healthy relationship. In this line of thought, do read about being consistent in a relationship in here.
Both partners have to put in creativity, effort, and time to make a relationship work. In other words, you have to be affectionate and thoughtful towards your partner. Gestures like loving notes, gifts, compliments, kisses, and hugs go a long way. These will also tell you that your relationship is normal and healthy and it is worth fighting for.
When Do Relationships Turn Bad?
A good relationship turns bad when it becomes hurtful, mean, and abusive. There have been cases where either of the partners is subjected to domestic violence. A person who has grown up in an abusive environment is likely to indulge in the same behavior.
Relationships always need to be worked on with constant adjustments. The relationship may have started with over the top romantic feelings but maintain that level consistently is tough and requires both parties to sacrifice their ego.
Both parties should understand their differences and find a way to work around them all the time. It is the lack of consideration that leads to relationships fracturing within a short time. Try to keep things less complicated and things will be fine. This is why we say a healthy relationship includes good communication, fairness, and trust. Making a relationship work is all about studying human behavior and forging ahead.
Let Go Of The Past
It is very important to identify the problems in your relationship but you do not have to live in the past during sensitive conversations or arguments. For you to grow in a relationship you have to look at the future and think about moving ahead.Do not spend time trying to make your partner feel bad about mistakes made in the past.
Holding on to the past will only make your relationship unhealthy with each passing day. The best thing would be to avoid it. You cannot let past events spoil the wonderful future you have ahead of you. Both partners need to forgive and forget and move ahead with things. You cannot go back and erase the past but you can surely work for a better future and it is something worth the effort.
Once you identify the signs of a healthy relationship you will understand that a healthy relationship includes good communication, fairness, and trust. There will be challenges along the way, but it is nothing that you cannot handle provided you exercise a certain degree of patience.
People may have
told you to draw inspiration from other happy relationships, but there is a
fallacy regarding the whole process. As you know every relationship is unique; so
there is no point replicating others. Yes, you may have to improvise a little
bit and follow the pointers we have mentioned. You will never go wrong. All the
best for the future, keep sharing the love!